5.06.2008

Baby stuff

So I finished my gifts for Stella! I decided to not knit the cute little dress, as it requires a few skeins of bulky yarn that I don't have, so I think I'll wait on knitting that one. I'm so excited that they are finally done!

Here is the Lion Bottle Warmer. I think it is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever made. I ran out of the cream yarn, so I decided to leave off the legs. I love it anyhow, and I prefer it as an amputee...it makes it really amigurumi-like and adorable. I am a little concerned about it being machine washable, as it is stuffed with cotton balls and I'm not sure they can be machine-washed...I think I'll recommend that Erin wash it by hand so it doesn't come apart.

And here is the sweater...it turned out a little different than the one in the pattern, but I love it. I also love the yarn that I used (Knitpicks Crayon), even though I tend to shy away from boucle and other novelty yarns. But this one really knit up well, and since Knit Picks has added a BUNCH more colorways to their selections, I will definitely be purchasing it again in the future.

So that's all I have for now...I'm not sure what I'll start on next...i kind of want to knit a cute little fortune cat for my new apartment. I found a pattern for one on Ravelry, and I'm really starting to enjoy knitting little stuffed animals. I'm going to get a tattoo of one of these cats pretty soon, by the way. I love all things Japanese.

What I should really do is start making things to sell....maybe these little cats? I don't know yet. Maybe I'll get organized tonight and make a list of things to knit/make for this purpose. I'm pretty broke right now though, so my crafting exploits will be limited to knitting until I can get some extra money to buy craft books/supplies. Yeah. Nontheless, I have a ton of usable yarn to make into things, so I'll start there!

No comments:

Post a Comment