5.15.2008

planes, trains, automobiles


Did I mention that i have a penpal? Well, I do! His name is Piotr and he lives in Srem, Poland. It's pretty exciting. We emailed eachother a few times, but I am definitely more into hand-written letters, so today, I sent out my first letter to him! He's super nice, and has some similar tastes. I am really excited to eventually send him knitted goodies and cd mixes. I always wanted an international penpal since I was a kid, and I'm so glad that I went online and just did it. You guys should do the same...!

I made my mother this cute little heart for mother's day, and she really liked it. I'm also working on some mittens for her, but I had to start them over because they were too small (serves me right for not doing a gauge swatch!) However, the heart has cute little white wings, and they were the first thing I ever felted. It was easy and I'm excited that I didn't mess it up. My mom wants me to make her a cashmere or merino felted scarf for x-mas this year, so that will be fun too.



I hope that my penpal sends me lots of cool Polish things. I'm trying to find out more about him so that I can always include a sweet gift in my parcels to Poland. If he likes fiction novels (which I hope he does), I'm going to send him some of my favorite books. I'm sure it'll be expensive to ship things larger than letters, but that's ok. Here's to finding a job so that I can fund all of these things that I want to do (and of course, more knitting).

Lastly, I got the most awesome book in the mail today, as per Lauren's recommendation. I saw hers and immediately fell in love with the projects in it. I want to get more that are in the same vein of craft books as this one, stat! Now, if I could only afford to buy all of the supplies! Oh, and I forgot! I'm knitting a market bag for all the excellent farmer's markets in DC/Virginia, and I got both the yarn and the bag handles in the mail yesterday. I'm using a cotton/linen blend yarn, so it's sure to be pretty strong (I hope). Haven't started it yet, but I soon will. More to come, imaginary readers/self! Wish me luck in finding SOME kind of full time job.

I graduated last weekend. It was a weird weekend but this week so far has been awesome, so all is well.

-Cecilia J

No comments:

Post a Comment