The "mounds" in that Kate Bush joke relates to boobs or candy bars....your choice.
One of my bosses (the one who drives us downtown and who I directly report to and will eventually replace when he retires) has been out a lot for the past two weeks because he's been sick. So, it's been pretty slow around here lately. Booooring. Although we supposedly have a "field trip" today...but that's going to be boring too. Blaaaaah.
So to alleviate my boredom and to perhaps incur boredom in you guys, here are a few patterns that I'm excited to knit (it's all in ze ravelry queue):
1. Noro Striped Scarf by Jared Flood (of Brooklyn Tweed) - Everyone's doing it or has done it, specifically the Yarn Harlot who is in 1x1 ribbed Noro obsession right now...
2. The Inga Hat by Sheila Macdonald - It's not a beret or slouchy, but it's damn pretty. I want it in gray and cream.
3. Entrelac Scarf by Allison LoCicero - Been wanting to make this one for FOREVER
4. Swiss Cheese Scarf by Winnie Shih (Ravelry download) - This calls for lace weight yarn which makes me want to gouge my eyes out, but gosh, it's a cute scarf. Maybe a mod is in order.
5. Selbu Modern by Kate Gagnon - This beret is sooooo pretty. And I had the pleasure of seeing it knit up at Stitches East. I want it. And I want it to be soft and fuzzy.
6. Cashmere Fingerless Gloves by Whitney at the Purl Bee - These are so simple and adorable...Purl Bee is my favorite knitting site as of late...
....and about a million hats. I'm really into them right now. They make big hair like mine look awesome. And it's balls cold outside.
My mom is in DC at her hotel in Dupont working, and I just got out of a 4 hour field trip/meeting. There was pizza though, so it was all ok. But I may sneak out early since I'm technically done for the day....yeeeeahhh. I could use some Caribou coffee.
Anyway. I'm going to finish the Little Gems Mitts this week....ish. I just HAVE TO FINISH SOMETHING. I already started to cast on another project last night until I had to smack my own hand. And getting that yarn in the mail won't help matters. Phooey. I WISH MY HANDS WERE LIKE LIGHTNING. So I could finish all this stuff, quick.