12.01.2008

...or should I say, she once had me

I love Thanksgiving.

This one was especially awesome. It was so fun hanging out with Lauren and Katie, and I'm ecstatic that my boo Dougie T is moving to Philly! I wish all my boos would move closer to me. Yep. Especially since the drive to KY is sooooooo long. But luckily, I had a Blake and an Ipod to keep me entertained (and awake).

So, I finished Mel's Big Green Beret, but I forgot to get pictures! Oh noes. So I've been texting her to take pictures herself, but she's a busy lady. I'll just have to keep bugging her. I will say that the hat turned out adorable, and seemed to fit Mel perfectly. Awesome.

In other knitting news, I'm just trucking along with the gifts, but to be honest I'm kind of wanting to read more than I want to knit these days. With that said, I still have a slew of gifts to finish. ug. Until I can get some pictures up, here are the books I've bought in the past week:

  • The Best American Non-Required Reading 2008 - I bought the 2007 one and liked most everything I read. I think I'd like to get the ones before 2007 as well...
  • The Artists Way (Julia Cameron) - This book is awesome. I think it's been around for a little while, and it focuses on unblocking creativity. I was sold on it after my bff recommended it to me.
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (F. Scott Fitzgerald) - I think this movie looks so so awesome (I love Brad Pitt and the movies he does) and I really want to read the book before I see the movie.
  • Norwegian Wood (Haruki Murakami) - I love Murakami (duh), and this is one I haven't read. From my understanding, it is his most popular novel in Japan.
  • Custom Knits (Wendy Bernard) - amazing and super duper inspiring
  • Knitting New Mittens and Gloves (Robin Melanson and Tyllie Barbosa) - Yum. Gloves. Some sweet patterns in here and tips for designing gloves.

I buy too many books. When I get in phases, I get obsessed....and go crazy. Speaking of which, I saw "Australia" with my mom and Constance on Saturday...and now I'm obsessed with Hugh Jackman. See the movie if you haven't already. IT'S AWESOME.

Slowly getting things done.

4 comments:

  1. “If I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus. My favorite quote, although it needs something about yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Best Non-Required Reading books are terrific. I've got the 2003 and 2005 on my tiny bookshelf where only the best books are allowed to take up space.
    The Artist's Way is great, too. If you can get the recording, read by author Julia Cameron herself, I'd suggest you go for it. I got it as my free trial download on Audible, which I only went on to help support a podcast I like, and listening to it and really doing the things Cameron suggested had tremendous results. I signed up for classes in drawing and watercolor painting and gave the creative me the same kind of encouragement I gave to my children when they were learning and discovering the world beyond our home.

    Oh, how I wish you tremendous enjoyment of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote too...it soooo defines my spending habits. But yeah, yarn needs to be included in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I already started reading the Artist's Way, and so far I really love the philosophy behind it.

    And I just found the 2005 Non-Required reading at a used book store last night, so now it's added to my long list of things I need to read...

    ReplyDelete