2.01.2008

Frankenskein cooks!

So my mom sent me my birthday present early, and it is the best gift ever. So, this blog will now include my cooking exploits as well as knitting. Here is my present in all it's lovliness, although this a catalog picture (but it looks exactly the same...)

I knew she was getting me a food processor, but she got me a super nice food processor/blender combo! So, naturally, I planned an excellent dinner for me, Blake, and Kristine. My mom got this for me mainly because we are trying to eat better. So, I made a very healthy dinner. I am attempting to get all my fruits and vegetable servings in, as well as fiber and protein, and have smaller portions. Here's what we had (sorry no pictures this time...):
  • Tina/Barrington (T-Bear) Coladas: A drink I thought up and aptly named consisting of Rum, Cream of Coconut, Diet Tropical V8 splash, lemon juice, and ice. It was served frozen. And it was delicious.
  • Honey Dijon Baked Salmon: Dill-y dijon-y yumminess.
  • Pureed Vegetable Soup: This was new and awesome for me! I cooked chopped onions, carrots, and potatoes in a sautée pan until soft, and then pureed them in my blender and mixed in vegetable stock. Presto! Soup! Very hearty, like thick tomato soup. And delicious.
  • Baked Potatoes with fat free sour cream and butter
All vegetarian (for Kristine), and no fuck ups at all! I'll be cooking a lot more now that I have these two things, along with my excellent George Foreman grill. I love making low sugar frozen drinks! And, although I know its not healthy, I've been drinking Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat beer and it is excellent. I love beer. Well, when it's good.

Also, I got my official graduation notice through ze email today. I'll be buying the cap and gown soon. And sending fancy invitations to everyone.

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment